What events are there during Q4 on Amazon?To start off, let’s give you an overview of the different events that Amazon organizes during Q4. Depending on where you are based in the world or depending on your brand’s international reach, there are different events that may interest you.
- Culture Day in Japan – November 3
- Diwali in India and Singapore – November 4
- Labor Thanksgiving Day in Japan – November 23
- Thanksgiving Day in the US – November 25
- Black Friday – November 26 – November 28
- Cyber Monday – November 29
How to prepare for Q4 2021 on Amazon – ChecklistWhat steps should you take to make sure you are ahead of the 2021 holiday season? Here are eight steps to follow to help you prepare for all events including Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021:
- Review the inventory storage limits
- Order enough stock to meet seasonal demand
- Ship your inventory by critical dates
- Optimize your product listings
- Optimize your PPC campaigns
- Get in Touch with Influencers
- Organize your promotions
- Track sales and performance
1. Review the inventory storage limitsFirst, we recommend that you determine if you are subject to inventory storage limits or inventory restrictions at the ASIN level. This is an important step because it will determine how much inventory you can send to Amazon’s warehouses. JungleScout actually has a great Inventory Manager tool that helps you forecast your sales and inventory needs. By signing up for Jungle Scout through this link you also get a great discount! If you are subject to inventory limits and cannot send inventory, you should start contacting third-party logistics companies (3PLs) now. Amazon put up very strict inventory limits this year, which has caused major issues for sellers around the globe. Search Engine Journal does a great job of explaining Inventory limits and gives tips & tactics for success in 2021.
2. Order enough inventory to meet seasonal demandStart working with your suppliers as soon as possible so that you have sufficient time between the production of your product and the delivery date. Doing this step well in advance will give you enough time in case of unexpected problems that might arise. Compare your sales from last year with those of the last few months. Did your sales increase in 2020? Do your sales usually increase during the holiday season or do they stay the same? We recommend you do it at least 7-9 weeks before the event. Consider that 2021 has been a tricky year too because of freight shipping: some routes have major delays, so do make sure you prepare your shipments well in advance. If you need tips on how to optimize freight shipping costs and times then check out our article dedicated to the topic.
3. Ship your inventory to FBA by critical cut-off datesBased on the dates Amazon provided last year, here’s a timeline for 2021 you can follow to make sure your FBA inventory is received in time for Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas time. You have to plan ahead everything, starting this October, if you want to succeed this Q4.
4. Optimize your product listingsMake sure your listing is the best it can be. The two key factors you should focus on are keyword optimization and image optimization.
- Optimization of keywords
5. Optimize your PPC campaignsMake sure your ads are optimized for conversions and that you’re not wasting money on keywords that generate little or no sales. In other words, remove keywords that spend more than your Advertising Cost of Sales (TACoS) threshold and those that don’t convert to sales. We do suggest you to analyze your data properly: also look at your TACoS. At first sight your campaigns may not perform well, but it is highly possible that they generate organic sales too. So be cautious and don’t stop keywords too early – allow them to generate enough data to make a thoughtful decision. Make sure your ads are consistently running before, during, and after Black Friday and Cyber Monday. You will notice a large influx of customers shopping at all times during these weeks, so make sure your products are showing at the top of the search results! If you’re limited on time when it comes to optimizing your PPC campaigns, we suggest you to look into a tool such as Sellics. As Sellics says themselves: Sellics Smart Campaigns automate your advertising from campaign setup to ongoing optimization. Our AI-based algorithms leverage keyword clustering, sales forecasting, seasonality models and more. We highly suggest this tool to FBA Sellers that don’t want to outsource their campaigns, don’t have too much time to optimize them themselves, but do want great results. Through our link, you even get a nice discount! Another thing you should do is to track the high-volume keywords of products similar to yours, and then target their ASINs by utilizing Amazon Sponsored Ads. To track keywords, we suggest to use Zonguru’s KOF (Keyword on Fire) get it here with an exclusive discount ($1 for the first month!). If you want to learn more about how to rock your Amazon Advertising Campaigns during Q4, then check out this article we wrote on the 15 Amazon Sponsored Products Mistakes that are ruining your profits.
6. Get in Touch with InfluencersWe’ve been saying it since 2014: influencers are KEY in driving qualitative external traffic to Amazon. We wrote an entire blog post dedicated to how to drive external traffic to Amazon, but for Q4 we want to focus on Influencers specifically. Black Friday is so important, that you really want to consider getting Influencers pushing your deals for you. We obviously love TikTok, we even made a dedicated video on Amazon Live and TikTok together with Influencer Gracey Ryback who currently has over a million followers on TikTok! Go and check it out. Also, don’t forget to create SUPER URLs for your external traffic sources such as Tik Tok. We use and love Pixelfy – which is a URL shortener and tracker. These Super URLs are unique URLs that have specific keywords within them, to trick Amazon into thinking that the person who actually clicked on the link from outside Amazon, clicked on your listing through an organic search. This helps you boost Amazon’s A9 algorithm and drive rank for specific keywords that you target. If you sign up through our link you get 20% discount!
7. Plan your promotionsBlack Friday and Cyber Monday are all about big deals and customers saving money on their favorite products. To be successful during these huge sales events, you need to offer some kind of discount or bargain to increase conversions. Amazon differentiates the offers offered during the Black Friday period. There are different deals and promotions, of which these are the most successful ones:
- Lightning Deals: your user doesn’t have the opportunity to think about your purchase because they have a short deadline. Time passes quickly and the speed in deciding the purchase is a psychological trick to make people buy your products.
- Best Deals: these deals are great for any kind of product, from televisions to epilators, from drills to pellet stoves. These deals can run up to two weeks long.
- Coupons: Amazon offers Sellers the ability to place coupons on a single ASIN, or a group of ASINs. Customers can discover coupons through the: coupon home page, search results, product detail page, the offer listings page, in their carts. Amazon also offers performance tracking and audience targeting for coupons.
- Prime Exclusive Discounts: unique and unmissable opportunities that can initially be purchased only by Prime customers. This is an incredible advantage considering the fact that some products run out after a few minutes. For a product to be eligible it must be a Prime shipping eligible FBA product, it must have at least a 3.5-star rating (or no rating), and there are other pricing requirements to adhere to.