Why Did it Happen?
“On Friday, more than a dozen users confirmed to Business Insider that their accounts had been reopened after being shut down for several days. Many of these people said they had never broken Amazon’s terms of service or that if they did so, it was not intentional. Some of the shoppers who spoke with Business Insider about their accounts being closed, however, seem to have knowingly or unknowingly violated the company’s terms of service in regards to writing reviews. The mysterious account shutdowns, it seems, could be related to the company’s effort to clamp down on this subculture and the type of reviews it breeds.” Full article here.
Is it Only Underground Culture?
What if it Happened to You?
- Amazon uses automatic programs to wipe off reviews, sometimes the algorithm might be wrong (in that case I suggest to contact Amazon via customer services or Account Manager).
- Promote your product and get reviews faster (using white hat hacks).
- See if you’re actually breaking the terms of services of Amazon.
- Understand the order in which you get reviews.
- Balance your risk/reward – get used to the fact that Amazon is still constantly changing.
- Understand that the problem might not be in the reviews but in the product itself.